This policy only applies to bookings affected by a legitimate COVID-19 related condition and will remain in place until no further COVID-19 related conditions apply. Refer to point 3 below for clarification as to what constitutes a COVID-19 qualifying condition.
Bookings postponed travelling in 2021:
- All existing bookings due to travel in 2021 may be postponed to later in the year without penalty (outside of peak periods and before 19 December 2021).
- Rates quoted at the time of the original booking will be honoured.
- There is no limit to the number of postponements within the above-mentioned date range.
- Full payment is due 45 days prior to arrival.
Bookings postponed travelling in 2022:
- All existing bookings due to travel in 2021 may be postponed to 2022 without penalty (outside of peak periods and before 19 December 2022)
- All other conditions are the same as those applied to Bookings Postponed Travelling in 2021 above.
- Bookings may be held provisionally for 14 days if made more than 60 days prior to arrival, and for 7 days if made less than 60 days prior to arrival
- A 20% deposit is required within 10 days of the booking confirmation
- The balance of payment is required 60 days prior to arrival
- A booking which is cancelled due to a COVID-19 qualifying condition is fully refundable or may be fully postponed if cancelled up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
- If cancelled within 72 hours prior to arrival, a full credit will be held for a future booking
- Refunds will be made in the property’s published currency, less any bank charges incurred
WHAT IS DEEMED A COVID-19 RELATED QUALIFYING CONDITION?
This COVID-19 policy will apply if any of the conditions listed below come into effect within a period of 2 months of a guest’s intended arrival.
Qualifying COVID-19 conditions:
- The government in the guest’s country of residence restricts travel, which has a direct causal impact on the guest’s travel plans.
- Travel restrictions on the destination/s are imposed by the guest’s country of residence
- South Africa falls under official government sanctioned lockdown
- South Africa closes its borders to all international travellers, or to travellers from the guest’s country of residence.
- International flights are cancelled, with no alternative routing available to reach South Africa
- A mandatory quarantine period is imposed by South Africa, or on return to the guest’s country of residence
- The guest’s country of residence has imposed a COVID-19 related travel advisory
- If the guest has contracted COVID-19 and is in quarantine or under medical treatment up to 48 hours prior to travel. In such a case, supportive documentation will be required
Should a guest be denied boarding or entry into the country whilst in transit due to Covid -19, a 100% postponement would be permitted within 6 months of the original dates, but specific official documents will be required to verify this. Terms and Conditions apply subject to seasonality changes, rate increases, park fee changes and 3rd party supplier costs. Cancellations due to fear of contracting COVID-19 or the prevalence of comorbidities will not constitute legitimate grounds for waiver of cancellation fees. Should the qualifying criteria listed above not be present, Madikwe Safari Lodge’s standard Cancellation Terms and Conditions will.
GENERAL CANCELLATION POLICY:
- If cancelling 45 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the booking total
- If cancelling 999 days before arrival, forfeit 100% of the deposit
- Park fees are charged as below:
- Recovery levy (optional) – ZAR 115 per person per night
- MGR Entrance fee (child) – ZAR 80 per child
- MGR Entrance fee (adult) – ZAR 180 per adult
- Guest Conservation levy (child) – ZAR 82.50 per child per day
- Guest Conservation levy (adult) – ZAR 165 per adult per day
- All park fees, entrance fees and conservation fees are subject to change and at an additional cost.
- Additional fees are charged if arriving by air.
*All Bookings are subject to Madikwe Safari Lodge Ts&Cs.