- WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
Your personal privacy is of the utmost importance to Madikwe Safari Lodge so is transparency around how we collect, utilise, and share information about you via the website. This outlines everything you will need to know, including:
- What information we collect about you
- How we intend to use any information we collect
- How we share information we collect (if this is necessary)
- How we store and secure any data or information collected
- Ways in which you can access and control your stored information
- How we securely transfer or aggregate data internationally
- Other important privacy information
Madikwe Safari Lodge, “we”, “our” and “us” refers to Madikwe Safari Lodge. We refer to all of these processes as “Services” in this policy.
This policy outlines your options when it comes to our use of information about you. This includes how you can object to certain uses of personal data and how you can access and update certain information this data should you wish.
Where we provide the Services under contract with an organization (for example your Travel Agent or Tour Operator) that organization controls the information processed by the Services. For more information, please see Notice to End Users below.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING (FOR EEA USERS)
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process personal data only when we have a legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws and the GDPR legislation. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services.
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests.
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose.
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have agreed to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to revoke this at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has taken place in the past. Where we are using your information because we or a 3rd party, have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use, but in some cases, this may mean that you are no longer able to use certain Services.
- ACCOUNT & PROFILE INFORMATION
Information you provide us
We collect information about you when you interact with our websites or booking process as well as when you provide your contact details and additional information was part of using the services provided or when enquiring about certain services.
Account & Profile Information
We collect information when you sign-up for newsletters or make an enquiry or booking via reservations. In addition, we record your preferences when making selections during these services.
Our primary reason for collecting such information is to be more efficient in your booking process as well as to enhance your stay based on your individual preferences.
How Information is Collected
- Your name: to allow us to address you personally in correspondence
- Email: in order to contact you during the booking process as well as re-engage to solicit feedback on your experience and new offerings at the lodge.
- Your age: rates from suppliers and insurance premiums can vary dependent on the age of the person making the booking.
- Country of residence: rates my vary by market (country of residence)
- Contact number: an additional means of communication should we be unable to contact you via email.
- Credit card information: to charge you once your booking has been confirmed by reservations.
- Personal preferences: these may be dietary or other. These questions are asked to enhance your experience or occasionally to prepare in the event of a medical condition (such as allergies).
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos from YouTube or images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- ACCOUNT & PROFILE INFORMATION
How Madikwe Safari Lodge makes use of data collected is dependent on which services you use, as well as any preferences and permissions you may have provided.
Below are the reasons data may be collected:
To provide the services and personalise your experiences
We consolidate information about you in order to create a truly unique experience using it to customise your safari, dining and experiences to make them more memorable. Even before your booking is confirmed, data is used to make your user experience on the website easier to navigate based on the preferences indicated.
Research & optimisations in service offerings
Data and feedback are used to improve service delivery. This may be technical (on the website), or to make content more relevant or simply based on direct feedback and communications.
To enhance marketing and communication strategies
Madikwe Safari Lodge may use your details and information to communicate specials or other promotional communication and offerings that may be identified as being of particular interest to you. This may be done via email, digital media (such as our website, social media or other owned media platforms).
We may use your contact information to sort out any problems or concerns or queries you may encounter.
- DATA SAFETY & SECURITY
We use data hosting service providers in South Africa, the United States, and Ireland to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data such as 265bit SHA-2 SSL encrypted channels.